[Xen-devel] domU unable to release memory to dom0

To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] domU unable to release memory to dom0
From: Sandesh <sandesh.ahiremath@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 00:47:23 +0530
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 12:06:38 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi all,
  i want to know when exactly does the memory get released back to dom0
when domU is shutdown are destroyed. Actually i was just playing with
the code, and it so happened that now when i shutdown/destroy my domU
memory is not getting released back to dom0. The bad part is that even
after undoing all the changes the problem persists..
 I did a bit of debugging, and it looks like domain_destroy is able to
return successfully, i mean functions like relinquish_memory and
domain_relinquish_resources are returning as expected. But after all
that when i do xenstore-ls/xm list, it shows dom0 with the reduced
memory itself.

thanks,
  Sandesh

contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
any attachments.

check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
email.

www.wipro.com