[Xen-devel] Blktap extended device number support bug

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Blktap extended device number support bug
From: Christopher Head <chead@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 23:20:32 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 23:20:53 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
In xenlinux revision 582, domid_translate_t is redefined from containing
a pair of unsigned shorts to contain an unsigned short and a u32.
Unfortunately, down on lines 772 and 773 of drivers/xen/blktap/blktap.c,
a domid_translate_t is built out of an unsigned long. This of course
doesn't work, because domid_translate_t is now 48 bits long while
unsigned long is only 32. I suggest passing a pointer into the ioctl and
doing a proper user-to-kernel copy.

Also, the userspace tools in xen-3.2-testing also need modifying as they
have their own copy of the struct declaration (and will in any case need
updating to pass a pointer instead of the struct packed into an unsigned
long).

Chris