[Xen-users] content size dependence on Dom0 CPU utilization ?

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] content size dependence on Dom0 CPU utilization ?
From: Saransh Mittal <saransh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 00:14:00 +0530
Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:46:57 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I am running xen3.0 on Fiesty Fawn,Ubuntu. My setup has an apache running on DomU and an external load generator. The content which the load targets is of 2 types :
1. static image : 107Kb
2. perl script : 250 bytes

*Observations:*
#1:
load : 10 requests/sec Static image -> Dom0 CPU utilization : 11.5%
perl script    -> Dom0 CPU utilzation :  9.5%

#2:
load : 40 requests/sec
Static image -> Dom0 CPU utilization : 21%
perl script  -> Dom0 CPU utilization : 11.8%

The activity of the backend driver of Dom0 is not supposed to be dependent on the content size as it deals with descriptors (Ring mechanism, Ref: Xen, Art of virtualization). But according to observations, with more content size the utilization of CPU by Dom0 increases at a higher rate which I found very surprising !! ? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Saransh Mittal.