Re: [Xen-devel] can I boot privilleged dom like dom0 via xm create

To: "ruby young" <yangyang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] can I boot privilleged dom like dom0 via xm create
From: "Derek Murray" <Derek.Murray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:02:45 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 03:03:08 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to :sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references :x-google-sender-auth; bh=2FElBLxd+ufUwYVmGcphHnaVaTT6N/ouGKpJvDs3F/4=; b=MeQGvMjHMG0rcXZHDek/e75I+ZtUXFAMQYqIlDe8Q5PgUSZNSc6r6+H6HyZbEt1F0c egq0G17Dq+6aSxUU3hIFsBjvqAlmf7h00EBguop/kGAhTmOZyedekjS6suQc/C8yE7S7 6h6Hz2t66y53geLRYpvn7xEEgpitMEoDU80ms=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:reply-to:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to :mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=fMc25+QhZJblg959lGg6R8rgodPSK3V8I/scf6H3oEW2UbUF8hS/I2MbGlGe/ncXta 4VxilUE768lTZFND6bQAaWRLv8HcGdeoVvS5GEdKvtx1VFJrP3nx04noKu7XOkJInf4m nsJjghAm6TGW5r5QT3wRXFv+VqVvII1jgrHDU=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Ruby,

At present, there is no way to do this with xm. In the hypervisor,
each struct domain has an is_privileged attribute (which is at present
only set when dom0 is created at boot). You could add a domctl to
control the setting of this bit, and then write a small C program that
uses do_domctl from libxc to set the privilege on a domain.

However, simply running two privileged domains with parallel sets of
Xen tools is unlikely to work, for example because you will end up
with two instances of XenStore.

Regards,

Derek Murray.