Re: [Xen-devel] Network Packet Flow in HVM

To: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Network Packet Flow in HVM
From: Abhinav Srivastava <abhinavs_iitkgp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 23:51:19 +0530 (IST)
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 11:21:45 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Pasi,

Thanks for your reply.

I wanted to know how packet is being transferred from dom0 to domU and vice
versa. My goal is to track packets and for that I need to know in which memory
it is residing. For example, in case of PV drivers packets are passed from dom0
to domU by copying on the shared I/O memory between two domains. This is not
the case in HVM domain. So my questions is how domU gets packet that is coming
through dom0 and vice-versa. How actual network packet is being copied?

Once, I know where dom0 keeps packet for domU I can check in that memory
location. And, once packet reaches inside domU then I guess normal OS packet
flow is follwed.

I look forward hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Abhinav