Re: [Xen-devel] QEMU "drive_init()" Disk Format Security Bypass

Daniel P. Berrange writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] QEMU "drive_init()" Disk Format
Security Bypass"):
> Then disable all format guessing with file: for HVM guests and make it
> only use RAW format - this matches semantics of file: with PV guests.
> And let them use tap:XXX: if they want QCow with HVM

If most people who use file: with HVM are using raw images, then that
is I think the best an interpretation for existing configs.  Users who
want non-blktap cow can say  file:qcow:/path/to/image

Ian.