[Xen-devel] Windows PV drivers 0.8.5 - network problems

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Windows PV drivers 0.8.5 - network problems
From: pembriar <pembriar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 13:06:27 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 13:06:51 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
GPL PV Windows drivers version: 0.8.5

We are having issues with the PV network driver (XEN Net Device Driver)
installed on a Windows 2003 Standard 32-bit DomU VM.  This windows VM is
able to use the PV network driver for basic connectivity like getting onto
the network and pinging systems, BUT it is having the following problems on
more advanced functions:

1. DNS activity.  It is unable to use primary/secondary DNS servers to
perform any DNS lookups (forward/reverse name lookups) via NSLOOKUP.  Any
nslookup requests generate "Can't find server name" and "timed out" errors.
We use the dns servers we have access in the ADC.

2. WEB access.  We are also unable to use our web proxy using the PV NIC
driver to display web pages properly.

3. RDP remote access to the VM is not working, although VNC remote access is
available.

Note 1: When I switch back to the original non-Paravirtualized network
driver (Realtek), we do not have any of these problems.

Note 2: There are no port access issues indicative here; I'm able to telnet
to all 3 services (DNS/HTTP/RDP) through their respective ports (ie.,
53/80/3389).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!