Re: [Xen-devel] The two image formats called qcow

To: Kevin Wolf <kwolf@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] The two image formats called qcow
From: Otavio Salvador <otavio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:03:52 -0300
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 06:33:26 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kevin Wolf <kwolf@xxxxxxx> writes:

> Is it an option to convert broken images to big endian when it is opened
> for the first time in ioemu? In this case, the fix for older versions
> could be in one place at least instead of being scattered over the whole
> file. Then you wouldn't be able to open such a file with tapdisk again,
> though.

If it could be done, a note in release notes would be required to warn
users that when it has been opened in a newer version using ioemu it
wouldn't be possible to be used again by tap driver anymore.

But yes, this would be an easy to use option if it's not too messy and
takes too long to convert the image (otherwise user can think that the
system has freeze).

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.ossystems.com.br