[Xen-devel] 3w-9xxx / Out of SW_IOMMU space

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] 3w-9xxx / Out of SW_IOMMU space
From: Moritz Möller <m.moeller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 12:57:02 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 04:57:27 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

i've seen some posts regarding this, and wanted to tell you what I have
found out so far.

Xen 3.2 with 2.8.18.8 kernel from xen (linux-2.6.18-xen.hg) gives lot of
SW IOMMU errors after a 2-3 GB on-disk copy on a 3ware controller.

If I use the older kernel that we used with Xen 3.1 together with the
new xen 3.2 hypervisor, I see no problems.

Both kernels were compiled using the same 3w-9xxx.c, so it has to be
caused by something in the kernel. I'm currently rebuilding the 2.8.18.8
that comes with xen 3.1 to verify this.

Moritz