Re: [Xen-devel] how page faults are handled in paravirtualized xenguests

To: "weiming" <zephyr.zhao@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] how page faults are handled in paravirtualized xenguests?
From: "房海峰" <fanghaifeng@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 10:27:32 +0800
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 18:28:02 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hello, my friend:

According to my research with source code of xen, i think the process is that:

first, when Guest OS is created by Xen/Domian0, it install it's IDT through "set_trap_table" hypercall.
second, during Xen/GuestOS running, all interrupt/trap will result a trap into Ring0, that is the layer of Xen.
for some trap, such as system-call, they will be dealt with directly through interrupt hardware.
For the most of other traps, they will be dealt by xen, and then dispatched to corresponding Guest OS.

in addition, there are other details to study in-depth.

2008-03-09

房海峰