RE: [Xen-users] Sometimes HVM winxp with gpl PV drivers 0.8.1driversboot

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, James Harper wrote:

  Hi,

  I'm using gpl PV drivers 0.8.1 drivers for HVM winxp and sometimes
it boots forever.
From the iostat in dom0 with xen-3.1.2 is see that there is NO access
the underlying lvm volume of this winxp HVM.

Once the gplpv drivers take over you won't see any access from qemu.

Yes , but i still will always see all disk HVM access with iostat on the lvm volume device, no matter there is PV driver or qemu disk. So i ment to say that HVM is doing both no PV driver & no qemu disk access while it gets stuck in the boot process.

Try 0.8.4, I fixed a race somewhere around there that would cause a hang
on boot.

 Possible race condition explains the lack of disk access, i'll try this
version.
 Thanks a lot.
 Alex

James