Re: [Xen-devel] XEN build failure

To: Chuck Short <zulcss@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] XEN build failure
From: Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:53:01 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 01:54:12 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 15:17 -0500, Chuck Short wrote:

> ld -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -melf_i386 -melf_i386 -melf_i386 -r -o
> built_in.o head.o
> ld: unrecognized option '-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions'
> ld: use the --help option for usage information

The -Wl,<foo> syntax is gcc specific syntax which tells it to pass <foo>
as an argument to the linker but here it being passed to the linker
directly including the -Wl bit.

The symbolic-functions thing doesn't come from the Xen source so it must
come from either the Ubuntu packaging/patches or some environmental
factor (i.e. LDFLAGS set in the environment).

Ian.