RE: [Xen-devel] [Patch 0/7] pvSCSI driver

To: "Jun Kamada" <kama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] [Patch 0/7] pvSCSI driver
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 14:58:48 +1100
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:59:16 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I think I've got it working under Debian Etch.

I'm now trying to develop a frontend driver for windows, and triggered a
BUG() on or around line 328 of scsiback.c, because I wasn't setting bus,
target, and lun in the request. This effectively breaks Dom0 (hotplug
scripts refused to work thereafter until a reboot), which means a rogue
DomU can crash Dom0. I think you should implement a more graceful
failure path.

Also, for what reason are the bus, target, and lun required in the
request? It look like that's a leftover from an earlier version and I
don't see that it is required now.

James

communication.