Re: [Xen-devel] CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT=y possible in Dom0 kernel?

To: Chris Birkinshaw <chris.birkinshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT=y possible in Dom0 kernel?
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:28:44 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 02:29:26 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pin dom0 to its own CPU? If the xruns are occurring because of competing load in dom0 itself, or you have a SMP dom0 and don’t want to pin all its VCPUs, you could pull your sound server out into another domain and pin that instead. Either way, the VCPU pinning is ensuring that your sound server is not impacted by the Linux or Xen schedulers. The cost is that you burn a core or hyperthread on your sound server.

 -- Keir