[Xen-devel] Dom0 pvops kernel booting: release dom0-2.6.24-B0

To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Dom0 pvops kernel booting: release dom0-2.6.24-B0
From: "Stephen C. Tweedie" <sct@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 15:47:52 +0000
Cc: Chris Wright <chrisw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Stephen Tweedie <sct@xxxxxxxxxx>, Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, Mark McLoughlin <markmc@xxxxxxxxxx>, Juan Quintela <quintela@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 07:48:31 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I've substantially cleaned up the Xen contiguous region handling and the
pfn/mfn translations in the dma mapping layer, and rebased everything
cleanly on top of v2.6.24.  The resulting patch queue can be viewed as
tag "dom0-2.6.24-B0" on the dom0-pvops git tree at

        git://et.redhat.com/linux-2.6-dom0-pvops.git

or equivalently on gitweb at

http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=linux-2.6-dom0-pvops.git;a=shortlog;h=dom0-2.6.24-B0

As usual, a mergeable, fast-forwarding development branch is being
maintained on the git master branch, with tag "dom0-2.6.24-B0-dev",
which has an identical git tree but with the full development history
behind it.

New in this release:

      * Added full mtrr support from Mark McLoughlin
      * Added xen_(create|destroy)_contiguous region handling
      * Added full Xen dma support to enable booting a dom0 kernel

Support for the dom0 xend userland is still missing, and there is no
swiotlb yet; but the dom0 kernel boots successfully on a HV and I've had
a best uptime of nearly an hour so far.  I'm getting soft lockups under
load, but it's not clear if that's a dom0 problem or a latent pv_ops
bug.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
 Stephen