[Xen-devel] building xen without mercury repository access

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] building xen without mercury repository access
From: Guillaume Rousse <Guillaume.Rousse@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 18:54:53 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 09:55:22 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello, I'm mandriva package maintainer.

I just tried to update mandriva xen package. I noticed the build
procedure changed since 3.1.0: instead of downloading pristine kernel
sources, and patching them locally, the makefile now directly fetches
modified kernel from xen mercury repository. And even if a working
directory exists, it apparently still attempts to sync it before
building... Which is quite curious for a tagged release (but I may have
misunderstood the process).

As our packages are supposed to be self-contained, I need to download
once for all the xenified kernel sources. What command should I run ?
Running "sh buildconfigs/select-repository linux-2.6.18-xen.hg .:.." in
the top-level directory, as suggested by makefile, fails miserabily:
select-repository: Searching `.:..' for linux-2.6.18-xen.hg
select-repository: Ignoring `.'
not found!
select-repository: Unable to determine Xen repository parent.
--
Guillaume Rousse
Moyens Informatiques - INRIA Futurs