RE: [Xen-devel] Bug in Linux dom0 netback?

To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Bug in Linux dom0 netback?
From: "Joakim Dahlstedt" <jda@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 10:20:57 -0000
Cc: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 02:22:26 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Yes, that's a bug. It would only trigger with old domUs which have a
>netfront driver that does not have the new 'copying receiver' support.
It
>was introduced by c/s 393 a couple of weeks ago.

That reminds me of another question - Maybe I have missed the discussion
on this e-mail list, but in the netback code I have found the following
comment:

        /*
         * We don't support rx-flip path (except old guests who don't
         * grok this feature flag).
         */

I am a little bit confused by that comment - I think it means we would
prefer not to use rx-flip but we have to anyhow for guests that don't
understand the rx-flip-feature. Is that correct? Or does it mean
something else?
Is there some sort of plan to long-term completely remove rx-flip from
netback then?

/Joakim Dahlstedt

entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally
privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received
this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete
it.