RE: [Xen-devel] Question about machine time delay in guest domains(Full

To: "christie kumiko goto" <christie0123@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Question about machine time delay in guest domains(Full virtualization)
From: "You, Yongkang" <yongkang.you@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 09:24:16 +0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 17:27:53 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tuesday, January 08, 2008 10:03 PM christie kumiko goto wrote:

> <<Environment>>
> -Host machine has 2 cores (core number 0-1)
> -Guest OSs: Full virtualization
>
> *test 1
> 4 domains share 2 core (each domain has 2 vcpu)
> ->result: actual test time : test time measured in guest domains = 4:1
>
> *test 2
> 2 domains share 1 core and the other 2 domains share the other 1 core.
> ->result: actual test time : test time measured in guest domains = 2:1

Hi Christi,

Did you try if only creating 1 domains with 2 cpus?
What's your platform and guest OS version? There are some new configurations
for guest timer, such as timer_mode=1/2/3 (default timer mode is 0). You can
set it in the guest config file. For some new OS, we can use timer_mode=1/2 to
make the timer more acccurate. But I am not sure if they can work in your
testing.

Best Regards,
Yongkang You