[Xen-devel] XenAPI running 'local' commands on Dom0

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] XenAPI running 'local' commands on Dom0
From: Stefan de Konink <skinkie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 01:47:16 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 16:47:53 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

Currently I'm implementing a wrapper around our Xen cluster and some
problems we are facing is Live-migration. Our discs are currently
provisioned by an OpenSolaris iscsi-target, and therefore should be
initiated before a migration is started.

I couldn't find a way in the 'standard' xen configuration to start a
script before restore/create, thus I'm trying to create one.

I would like to run a local command on the Dom0 host via the XenAPI, is
there already such facilaty, and what is it named?

My suggestion would be to put a "exectute_command" in the 'Host' class,
and put the events: "before_create_execute, before_restore_execute,
after_migrate_execute, after_shutdown_execute" in the configuration file.

Yours Sincerely,

Stefan de Konink