Re: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable HV fails to boot on AMD quad core

To: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable HV fails to boot on AMD quad core
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 16:40:14 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 08:41:07 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Are you using the new SVGA text console support? That would explain a few
seconds delay to seeing any output on 16000, although 10s is longer than I'd
expect. Also the late initialisation of SVGA text console means there's
quite a bit of scope for things to go wrong during bootup before you have a
chance of seeing anything on screen. Can you connect a serial line?

As for possible changesets, plenty of exciting stuff has been going in over
the last few days. Particularly relevant might be changesets 16093 and 16094
which are specifically regarding support for the new quad cores.

 -- Keir