Re: [Xen-devel] Re: writing PV block drivers for Windows

To: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: writing PV block drivers for Windows
From: James Smart <James.Smart@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 11:20:48 -0400
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Andy Grover <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 08:22:18 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
James Harper wrote:
I can understand the situation with the samples, so I've been careful
not to use them in any way which could mean that my drivers could be
considered a 'derived work'.

But I can't see anything that would indicate that a driver that compiles
under the WDF could be covered by the Microsoft license...

Then pay very close attention to paragraph (c) in section 3, because if you
then get WQHL certification on the driver, and such certification is a
mandated in many situations for sales and support, then it doesn't matter
where the source came from.

-- james s

Andy's EULA link :
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/ddk/ServerSP1DDKEULA.mspx