Re: [Xen-devel] Xen bus drivers and the probe function

To: "Michael Abd-El-Malek" <mabdelmalek@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen bus drivers and the probe function
From: "Ryan Riley" <rileyrd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 11:50:13 -0400
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 08:51:09 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=Y/iW31xkHrZ0r2YsJcE8yke1zGZhsLRt5BoCCt5yru8=; b=uIk4RRBw4ZRpX1CrHOAb3CPvvrHpqhNP7HJIJxrBsvOZFkk9Yd5y9b31BJmlOR15VKXiS41ULfdxK/6vAexBziQeNB9WlpcYHrf3jQneZV06BoWD6Ivj6uCHUUsszi2PoXnJ2bB47R1ERKVNK+4fxxk/7px2tA3reH/6ujEaOLk=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
As Keir said, the probe() function gets triggered by the right things
appearing in the XenStore.  The XenIntro wiki has an example of this
in section 23 (Adding a new device and triggering...):
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenIntro

Hopefully that will be helpful for you.

Thanks
Ryan