[Xen-devel][VTD] 1:1 mapping for dom0 exhausts xenheap on x86/32 with 4G

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel][VTD] 1:1 mapping for dom0 exhausts xenheap on x86/32 with 4G memory
From: "Han, Weidong" <weidong.han@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:26:18 +0800
Cc: "Kay, Allen M" <allen.m.kay@xxxxxxxxx>, Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 22:27:00 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xenheap size is 9M on x86/32 xen, it's not enough to setup 1:1 page
tables for dom0. It causes dom0 cannot boot successfully. Setup 1:1 page
table in domheap still might be a problem since the thinking is to use
the same 1:1 page table for both dom0 and PV domains. Currently I think
of two options: 1) go back to original method, that's to say setup page
table dynamically for dom0; 2) increase xenheap size on x86/32. How do
you think about? Thanks.

Weidong