Re: [Xen-devel]How to get access of the CVS Repository

To: "Mitov, Stefan" <stefan.mitov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel]How to get access of the CVS Repository
From: Tim Post <echo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:22:40 +0800
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 06:23:31 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 14:13 +0200, Mitov, Stefan wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> i want to test Xen and the newest patches on some powerful machines.
> For this reason i would like to get a read access of the actual souce
> codes of Xen. Can you help me to get a login for the repository and to
> checkout it. Thanks a lot.
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

First, go get Mercurial:

http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/

Build and install (you might need to install some python packages,
asciidoc and others).

Next, go get Xen

cd /usr/local/src
hg clone http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-unstable.hg

You might also want:
hg clone http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-3.1-testing.hg

Find the source (and Makefile) in whichever one you obtained.

Folks, I have received 19 emails to my personal e-mail address over
three weeks asking where the source to Xen could be found, many claiming
that its not available. This is because my personal web site turns up
often in Google searches for Xen.

Might someone make xenbits a bit more conspicuous on xensource.com ?
Perhaps some nightly tgz snaps of the repos for the Mercurial impaired?

Best,
--Tim