Re: [Xen-devel] Re: console changes in cs153 on 2.6.18-xen

To: Stefan Berger <stefanb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: console changes in cs153 on 2.6.18-xen
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 18:21:16 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 10:22:00 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oh, you want output on the vga console? Then console=tty0 should still work fine, as it always has. The xenconsole changes shouldn’t have affected vga output by dom0 at all.

 -- Keir

On 7/9/07 17:12, "Stefan Berger" <stefanb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Remove console=ttyS0 from your command line, if you have it. You can
> replace it with console=xvc0.

I actually had console=tty0 on my machines before and this worked fine. Now using console=xvc0 I see the (Xen) outputs with the last line that Xen is relinquishing the VGA console and then no output during the boot process. The blinking cursor moves into the upper left corner after Xen is done and at some point during the boot process the Xen output becomes mouse-selectable. Then comes the login prompt. I am surprise that no one else seeing this.