[Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Loading ACM policy in XSM

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Loading ACM policy in XSM
From: Syunsuke HAYASHI <syunsuke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:49:37 +0900
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:50:27 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, Stefan.

I tested as you said.

■"Module/example.client_b1.bin" is written in grub.conf
# xm list --label
Name ID Mem VCPUs State Time(s) Label Domain-0 0 1024 4 r----- 47.7 unlabeled

# xm getpolicy
Error: xm needs to be configured to use the xen-api.
Usage: xm getpolicy [options]

Get the policy of the system.

    Usage: xm getpolicy [options]

    The following options are defined
      --dumpxml     Display the XML of the policy

    Get the policy managed by xend.

■"Module/example.client_b1.bin" is not written in grub.conf
#xm list --label
Name ID Mem VCPUs State Time(s) Label Domain-0 0 1024 4 r----- 46.5 DEFAULT

#xm getpolicy
Error: xm needs to be configured to use the xen-api.
Usage: xm getpolicy [options]

Get the policy of the system.

    Usage: xm getpolicy [options]

    The following options are defined
      --dumpxml     Display the XML of the policy

    Get the policy managed by xend.

Is it good in this?

Thanks,

Syunsuke HAYASHI

Syunsuke HAYASHI <syunsuke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 08/28/2007 09:20:44 PM:

 > Hi,Stefan
 > Thank you for the help.
 >
 > I was not describing an ssidref=... in grub.conf.
 > I show grub.conf and dmesg when I execute "xm chgpolicy
 > example.client_v1" command and reboot.
 >
> ----------------------------grub.conf--------------------------------------
 > # grub.conf generated by anaconda
 >    module /example.client_v1.bin

looks good

> -----------------------------dmesg----------------------------------------
 >   __  __            _____  ___                     _        _     _
[...]
 > (XEN) Brought up 4 CPUs
 > (XEN) Policy len  0x168, start at 3ffff000 - module 2.
 > (XEN) acm_set_policy_reference: Activating policy example.client_v1
 > (XEN) acm_init: Enforcing CHINESE WALL AND SIMPLE TYPE ENFORCEMENT boot
 > policy.

So at this point the policy is loaded.
What does 'xm getpolicy' show?

You seem to have XSM as a patch applied to Xen - what happens if you do this without XSM applied?

   Stefan