Re: [Xen-devel] [RESEND] Linux 2.3.23-rc3 on Xen 3.1 crashs

To: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [RESEND] Linux 2.3.23-rc3 on Xen 3.1 crashs
From: Bastian Blank <bastian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:02:16 +0200
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 04:02:46 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 11:39:25AM +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> These aren't really meaningful, as the VM was obviously in a loop getting
> repeated exceptions (and the stack pointer clearly went bad meanwhile).
> You'd need to catch the state much earlier, when the first (or just very few)
> of these exceptions happened, so that looking at the stack can actually
> provide some insight.

How? There seems to be something in tools/debugger/gdb. It seems to
build a special gdbserver. Does this gdbserver stop the domain on an
exception or do I need to break explicitely?

Bastian

--
A princess should not be afraid -- not with a brave knight to protect her.
                -- McCoy, "Shore Leave", stardate 3025.3