Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] boot a existing windows in hvm domain

To: Brady Chen <chenchp@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] boot a existing windows in hvm domain
From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 09:47:01 +0100
Cc: tygrawy@xxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Z24 <z24@xxxxxxx>, AL.LINUX@xxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 01:44:56 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 7/8/07 09:22, "Brady Chen" <chenchp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, here the output, you could get the whole dump from the attachment
> of my last mail.

Oh, I missed that!

> so, there should be a non-support instruction in 0xd0900 or 0xd0800?

Well, there is no instruction boundary at either of those addresses. Either
the register dump is bogus or somehow we ended up jumping into the middle of
an instruction inside vmxassist. Bogus. :-(

You could try initialising the traceset variable in vmxassist/vm86.c to ~0
instead of 0. That should get you a whole load of extra tracing about
exactly what vmxassist is emulating and where. We might be able to work out
a bit more from that.

 -- Keir