RE: [Xen-devel] compile error of HVM pv drivers

On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 21:49 +0800, Zhao, Yunfeng wrote:
> >Does gcc 3.4.2 cope OK with the rest of the kernel?
> >There are many other uses of netif_tx_lock_bh() and so it would be
> >interesting to know if it's something about that function, or something
> >about the way it's used in this instance that triggers the error.

Any thoughts on that one?

> >Any other information you can give that would help reproduce this would
> >be of great assistance.  E.g. kernel source version, exactly which
> >distribution, exactly which gcc (e.g. is it a version that might have
> >been modified by a linux vendor), etc.
> [Yunfeng] The build was tried on a FC3 root fs with using the gcc of
> fc3,

Which one? :)  There were probably multiple versions.  E.g. the fc3 box
I have access to is using:
[~]$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.4.3 20050227 (Red Hat 3.4.3-22.fc3)

I've had a look in the Changelog for both GCC and the redhat RPM from
around that time (between 3.4.2-1.fc3 and 3.4.3-22.fc3) and can't see
anything obvious that would have fixed this, but sometimes these things
aren't obvious.

If you can try the version of gcc that works for me, that would be
useful for ruling out it being something else that I'm doing that makes
it work:

http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/fedora/updates/3/i386/gcc-3.4.3-22.fc3.i386.html

Kieran