[Xen-devel] Re: question on c/s 15181

To: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: question on c/s 15181
From: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 10:50:37 +0800
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 19:48:40 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 01:53:27PM +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> Herbert, are the changes below to use in_swiotlb_aperture() strictly
> necessary?
> They get us further away from native code, so I wonder if, for the purpose of
> being as close as possible to native, these could be reverted (in a larger
> patch
> that would get us closer to native in many other respects).

For the sg case technically we can go back to the original code
since the underlying grant pages should not get copied once it
has been mapped.

In fact, if we had the strcut page pointer for the unmap_single
case this could be greatly simplified.

Cheers,