Re: [Xen-devel] Stimulating domains to send gratuitous ARPs

On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 14:41 -0400, Graham, Simon wrote:
> I accept that this is not very nice and we should probably have a more
> organized/documented way to do this but I’m not sure what would be
> appropriate; any suggestions?

A usespace tool to send such an ARP would be a very useful thing to
have, if it doesn't already exist.

The gratuitous arping in netfront is not very popular with the upstream
Linux folks so this functionality is not in the paravirt_ops patches
which are going upstream, so we'd need such a tool in the end anyway.

Ian.