Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6.20.3 to be the next kernel?

Mark Williamson wrote:
>> This time for sure.  Well, its queued up in -mm and doesn't seem to have
>> caused any breakage there, and Linus has declared the patches "not too
>> bad".
>>

> Awesome.  Is the plan to push some dom0 patches upstream eventually, or will
> that wait for a later date?  Hopefully the major part of the operation is
> done with, though: distros can ship with paravirt domU compatibility by
> default.

I think the vendor position is that pv-ops xen is a nice start that just
makes things more complex for them in the short term, since it only
handles one quarter of the dom0-domU/32-64bit Xen parameter space.  But
it's a start.

I'm starting on dom0 stuff now (with a minor detour via getting Xen to
boot bzImage kernels), mostly so I can get a feel for what the dom0
pv-ops patches will look like.

I'm also hoping that (ideally) x86-32 and -64 trees get merged in time
to make the 64-bit xen support trivial, but given that that's unlikely
anytime soon, I'm waiting for the 64-bit lguest/pv-ops people to get
x86-64 pv-ops in sync with 32-bit before starting on the Xen pieces.  Of
course if that takes too long (ie, longer than dom0) I might have to get
more actively involved.