RE: [Xen-devel] Any known block device corruption problems in 3.1.0 up t

To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Any known block device corruption problems in 3.1.0 up to release?
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 19:47:48 +1000
Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 02:46:10 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I believe it was qemu, as I accidentally purged all my
qemu-dm.[0-9]+.log files, and now can't find any record of it.

As per a more recent follow up message, while the corruption was enough
to stop windows booting, and the recovery console couldn't fix it,
running chkdsk from another domain fixed the problem in about 30
seconds, and there appears to be no actual lost data. So I'm guessing
that the problem was limited to a single cluster (or whatever NTFS calls
it's allocation units).

Thanks

James