Re: [Xen-devel] new repo layout?

On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 11:02 -0500, Hollis Blanchard wrote:
> Hi Ian, when can we expect to see the new Linux tree created? I'm doing
> a lot of forward-porting of the PowerPC Linux patches, and so I will
> have a few generic Linux patches for the new tree.

I want to do it as close to the cut-over point as possible so that I
don't have to keep moving patches across as development continues in the
meantime. I hope the cut over in the next week, all that needs to be
done is to teach the regression test suite about the new layout.

The first version of the new tree will be precisely equal to the patches
+sparse at the time it is created -- there's no actual "development"
changes involved in the change so if you have patches which are ready
now you may as well add them to the patches/linux-2.6.18 directory
and/or sparse tree and I'll pick them up when the time comes.

If they aren't ready now then so long as they apply on top of the
current patches+sparse tree they should be trivial to add to the new
tree once it exists.

Ian.