[Xen-devel] Which exactly Linux kernel version was used to build the Xen

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Which exactly Linux kernel version was used to build the Xen 3.1 binary?
From: "Dimitry Golubovsky" <golubovsky@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 14:32:49 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 May 2007 11:31:07 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Which of the Mercurial repos contains Linux kernel sources that were
used to build the Xen 3.1 binary distribution?

I have this question because I am suspecting that the sata_via driver
included in the distribution is not supporting my SATA controller
VIA8237x (I get error messages when modprobe'ing it from an init
ramdisk).

This repo (http://xenbits.xensource.com/linux-2.6-xen.hg) seems to
contain kernel 2.6.16 (sata_via driver is very old there). Are
xen-patched sources of 2.6.18 viewable on the web?

Or, what was exact revision/tarball date of the 2.6.18 kernel used for
the binary release?

I am just trying to narrow the scope of the problem: support for
VIA8237x SATA was added/fixed between 2.6.18 and 2.6.19 (the latter
works perfectly). If it is possible to obtain exact same kernel
tarball the I'd try to compile it alone and load and see if I get the
same errors with SATA.

Thanks.

PS I foresee some problems if I try to compile with 2.6.19 because of
different drivers layout (there was a message on this list about
that).

--
Dimitry Golubovsky

Anywhere on the Web