Re: [Xen-devel] Problems about CPU Affinity

Hi, Ian

Thank you for your comments.
Detailed description is written by her in following mail.
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2007-05/msg00416.html
She is out now. I reply it instead.

Thanks
Atsushi SAKAI

"Ian Pratt" <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > 1. On boot
> >     We do not have the way of setting CPU Affinity to each VCPU of
> guest
> >     domain by using a configuration file.
> >     So we have to execute the commands after starting the guest
> domain.
>
> I thought you could by specifying a list of physical CPUs? Perhaps this
> got broken by the xapi changes?

Cannot specify pcpu-vcpu one-to-one on boot time is her problem.
I think this is not coming from xapi changes.

> > 2. On reboot
> >     We lost the information of setting CPU Affinity that set while the
> >     guest domain is running after rebooting the guest domain.
> >     So we have to set it again.
>
> Affinity information should certainly be persistent.
I hope so