Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] [0/4] User-space grants for Console and XenStore

Hi John,

On 2 May 2007, at 13:15, John Levon wrote:

It would be nice to have the old method still work, but if you feel the
need to there's no problem in dropping the old code. We're always
playing catch-up anyway...

One possibility would be to have a Makefile option that controls whether or not xc_map_foreign_range() is available, and swaps out the calls for xc_gnttab_map_grant_ref() where necessary. That way, if/ when Solaris gets gntdev, it will be easy to swap in the new code, and nothing will be broken in the mean time. I'd also be willing to provide any support needed for porting gntdev to Solaris.

Regards,

Derek.