[Xen-devel] Question on shadow_invlpg return value handling.

To: xen devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Question on shadow_invlpg return value handling.
From: aditya shevalkar <aditya27783@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 10:21:56 +0530 (IST)
Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:50:49 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
HI all,
I am trying to understand the invlpg vmexit case.
In this the sh_invlpg function is called from the shadow_invlpg function and
the
comment explains that the sh_invlpg function returns 1 in one case and zero in
other case.But as I have seen return value from sh_invlpg is not used in
shadow_invlpg function.
Can anyone explain me where does this return values from sh_invlpg are used.
 The comment is given below:
/* Called when the guest requests an invlpg.  Returns 1 if the invlpg
* instruction should be issued on the hardware, or 0 if it's safe not
 * to do so. */
I have followed the following path of function call in my study of the function.
vmx_vmexit_do_invlpg(va) à  shadow_invlpg(v, va) à sh_invlpg(struct vcpu *v,
unsigned long va).
The files are given below:
shadow_invlpg àxen\include\asm-x86\shadow.h
sh_invlpg à xen\arch\x86\mm\shadow\multi.c
Specially what happens if it returns 1.

Thanks and  Regards,
Aditya .