[Xen-devel] question about memory mapping and balloon

To: Xen Devel List <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] question about memory mapping and balloon
From: tgh <tianguanhua@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 10:34:39 +0800
Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 19:33:31 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi
In the paravirt case, guestos maintain its own mfn which need m2p and p2m ,or xen manage these ? I am confused about how does guestOS maintain its virt-to-physic and physic-to-mach mapping ,in the linux ,there is only v2p mapping, how does guestOS maintain its p2m mapping ,and when a virt address is put into a mmu, does cpu hardware convert virt-addr into machine address or guest's phyiscal address?

another one
does xen in hvm case support balloon for modifying the vm memory size or not?

I am confused about it

could you help me
Thanks in advance