[Xen-devel] making changes to agp code?

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] making changes to agp code?
From: "Langsdorf, Mark" <mark.langsdorf@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 15:03:18 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:02:36 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
As part of my endless quest to enable GART/IOMMU, I
realized I need to make a slight change to a static
function inside of agp-amd64.c.  Currently Xen doesn't
have -xen variants of the AGP code.  Is there a
better way to handle this than sucking in the entire
AGP tree into xen-sparse?

As far what I need to change:
   pci-gart calls agp_amd64_init() to determine if
the aperture is provided by the BIOS, or if one
needs to be allocated.  agp_amd64_init() calls
agp_amd64_probe() which calls another function
and so forth, and eventually aperture_valid()
calls
PageReserved(pfn_to_page(aperture >> PAGE_SHIFT)).
The page isn't actually reserved, but dom0 thinks
it is, and the operation fails.  I would like to
do something more intelligent.

-Mark Langsdorf
Operating Systems Research Center
AMD, Inc.