Re: [Xen-devel] OS/2 Warp under XEN

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] OS/2 Warp under XEN
From: ecs user <user_ecs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:29:38 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:28:34 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Trolle Selander <trolle.selander@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The baseline VGA driver is amazingly slow. I haven't
> tested with a "full" CL5446 driver yet, but even the
> generic GRADD VGA

In QEMU I have been able to get above vga resolution
using gengradd

> is a massive improvement and provides acceptable
> performance, at least for my own current purposes.
> Most likely, eCS has a proper CL5446 driver out of
> the box,

Was not able to get a native CL5446 driver to work

> with a bit of luck, you should be able to get as
good
> graphics performance as it's  possible to get out of
> HVM Xen right now.

I think I tried Scitech/IBM Display Doctor SE but I do
not remember the results. You might try this

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-viewer?sh=1&fname=/pub/os2/system/drivers/video/ibmsdd704.zip