[Xen-devel] query on interrupts in Xen

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] query on interrupts in Xen
From: "pradeep singh rautela" <rautelap@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:01:42 +0530
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 06:30:40 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All,

IRQ line status in include/xen/irq.h  has a #define macro as -
#define IRQ_LEVEL   64  /*IRQ level triggered*/

I hope this means the irq line is shared ?

struct hw_interrupt_type {...} is the descriptor which represents the actual physical hardware interrupt, am i right?

Another question what is difference between VIRQS and struct dynirq_type{...}?
As i make out of them, virqs are virtual interrupts when we talk from within the domUs while dynirq_type represents the virtual interrupts in context of the Xen dom0 which are responsible for mapping actual physical irqs available to the domains (domUs).

Is my understanding correct or am i missing something here?

Help along with any pointers in the code will be appreciated.

Thank you

--psr
--
pradeep singh rautela
"proud to be a TUXedo, BSDemons you are a little late" - me