[Xen-devel] auto balloon amount

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] auto balloon amount
From: "Jan Beulich" <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:31:06 +0000
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 06:31:27 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
During recent debugging I realized that the auto ballooning for PV domains
possibly provides only exactly the amount the domain is configured to
consume. This potentially leaves Xen with (almost) no domain memory,
despite the fact that this pool is (a) used for some internal allocations (at
least on x86-64) and (b) in order for dom0 (or other I/O domains) to
return contiguous memory chunks.

Wouldn't it therefore be more reasonable to at least allow some marginal
amount of memory to be left to Xen's domain pool?

Thanks, Jan