RE: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen-devel Digest, Vol 25, Issue 93

To: "PUCCETTI Armand" <armand.puccetti@xxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen-devel Digest, Vol 25, Issue 93
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:19:08 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:18:28 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm sorry, I don't quite know this. I believe that the page-table has to
be the same number of levels in both Xen and the PV guest.

There's been some recent work to implement 32-bit PV on 64-bit HV, which
I think changes this by allowing a 32-bit PAE guest to run on a 64-bit
hypervisor. Someone else who works more on PV is probably better to
answer this...

In HVM, you definitely have 32-bit both PAE and non-PAE on 64-bit HV,
which obviously means different number of page-table levels (2, 3 or 4
respectively for non-PAE, PAE and 64-bit).

--
Mats