Re: [Xen-devel] question about the guestOS boot

To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] question about the guestOS boot
From: tgh <tianguanhua@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 18:13:19 +0800
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 02:12:29 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you for your reply and guide
I try to understand how does the xen provide a virtual platform for guestOS to run dom0 provides hardware abstract struct as well as software struct for guestOS

and when dom0 boots a vm ,it does prepare the vm vcpu_guest_context for guestOS to run so when VM starts ( the same as our PC resets) ,its vcpu isnot an empty context like the regular ones without virtualization ,so it doesnot start from the regular point or function or firmware

then I do not know where does the guestOS start with in the code
could you told me where or which function does the guestOS start with ?

Thanks in advance

Petersson, Mats 写道: