[Xen-devel] Re: two xenfb bugs for sale ;)

To: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: two xenfb bugs for sale ;)
From: Markus Armbruster <armbru@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 21:47:11 +0100
Cc: Xen devel list <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 12:46:27 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxx> writes:

>   Hi,
>
> Wondered where some xen-vncfb processes handing around on my machine
> came from.  After some Investigation I've figured that xen-vncfb never
> ever exits if you boot a virtual machine with a virtual framebuffer
> configured, but boot a kernel without framebuffer support.  It sits
> waiting for the frontend device come up and doesn't exit when the domain
> goes away.

Patch to be posted shortly.

> Oh, and it also doesn't unmap the framebuffer memory once the frontend
> enteres the "Closing" state.

You're right, it only unmaps the two shared pages.  The framebuffer is
normally unmapped in xenfb_detach_dom(), called from xenfb_delete().
What's wrong with that?  Note that we must not unmap the framebuffer
while it's still being used by LibVNCServer or SDL.