[Xen-devel] GDT access from DOM-0 driver

To: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Xen devel list" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] GDT access from DOM-0 driver
From: "Kaushik Barde" <Kaushik_Barde@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 23:52:26 -0800
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 23:52:21 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Now I could get the EPS signature, However, we store some information
about disk configuration options (HP/HPA) in unused area of GDT.

Driver has physical memory read and write functions.

These physical memory read / write functions have following assumptions:

- Depending on the source physical address, we either use ioremap to map
the page(s) in, or use phys_to_virt.
- If the physical address has already been mapped by the kernel we can
just use phys_to_virt.
- If the address is not mapped, only up to one page size is copied, in
an effort to reduce virtual address space usage.

In this per your suggestion, because DOM0 RAM is already remapped,

The virt_to_bus() or bus_to_virt()  are replaced by
isa_bus_to_virt()/isa_virt_to_bus()

But what about phys_to_virt(), does driver need to change them to
pseudo-physical address functions?

Thanks.

-Kaushik