RE: [Xen-devel] Supporting large dump files

To: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Supporting large dump files
From: "Graham, Simon" <Simon.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 14:41:59 -0500
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 11:41:42 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > define _FILE_OFFSET_BITS as 64; is there any issue with turning this
> on
> > for the tools/libxc build? Is there any other #define that should be
> > used instead of or in addition to this one?
>
> What version of Xen are you using ? I submitted a patch to have this
> fixed
> many months ago, and I'm pretty sure it was incorporated in Xen 3.0.4

Still on 3.0.3 at the moment - about to switch to 3.0.4 though. HOWEVER,
searching both the 3.0.4 and unstable sources, I don't see the specific
fix I am proposing in tools/libxc; can you tell me exactly what/where
your patch was?

Thanks,
Simon

PS: To answer Ian's point -- I agree that PV save/restore of guests >
2GB works; I have no idea at the moment why save/restore works and dump
does not but I can tell you that building with _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
makes the dump work... I'm just concerned that there might be some other
dependency that this breaks...