RE: [Xen-devel] vif interface dropping 80% packets

To: "Reese Faucette" <reese@xxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] vif interface dropping 80% packets
From: "Santos, Jose Renato G" <joserenato.santos@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 13:40:26 -0600
Cc: Herbert Xu <herbert.xu@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 11:40:06 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You are probably using jumbo packets for native, right? What is the MTU when you get 9.88 Gb/s? I was thinking MTU=1500  when I said unrealistic. Not sure why you cannot get higher MTU in Xen to work. I have not tried MTU > 1500 bytes in Xen myself  but I believe Herbert Xu has done that successfully.

If you get larger MTU to work, keep in mind that in Xen there is an extra data copy to transfer the packet from dom0 to guest which will have a higher impact on performance for larger MTUs when compared to linux.

Renato