RE: [Xen-devel] A Performance Comparison of Hypervisors

To: "Anthony Liguori" <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Nicholas Lee" <emptysands@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] A Performance Comparison of Hypervisors
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 11:55:40 +0100
Cc: Xen development list <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 02:55:33 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I believe official support for SMP HVM guest wasn't in there until
3.0.4, so not really surprising that it doesn't work right in 3.0.3 ;-)
[It was, I think, possible to make SMP HVM guests work, but it involved
recompiling the BIOS code, which of course is a bit beyond what you'd
expect the average reviewer to do...]

--
Mats